Monday, September 7, 2009

Is it over? ...

Last week was really demanding on me. So many things happening at once. Almost couldn't take it. But i survived, albeit skinner. =x

My sister went to the A&E on Monday. Mom broke the news while i was still in office. I had a shocked. So i rushed down to SGH right after my work. Indeed, she needed an emergency operation that night. Oh gawd. I was still in the dark then. Dunno what happened to her. You know, doctors don't usually tell you much until official screening reports are out. But prognosis have got something to do with her ovary.

She was wheeled into the OT at 8pm. Her complexion was already very pale, but she appeared calm. I know inside her, she was scared. Actually, i was palpitating, don't even know what will happen to her. My parents and i followed her all the way from her ward to the OT preparation room. Thereafter, we got to stay outside.

Every visitor in the hospital needs to wear a mask due to the H1N1. So i wore my mask, acted somewhat professional, and pretended to be the doctor. I jokingly told her that i will be operating on her. Wahahaha. Ok la, i didn't. Just in case she faints before the operation.

All this time, i was worried. Sitting in the waiting room just right infront of the OT. Whenever the OT doors swing open, i will peek over to see if she's out. 1hour passed but no news yet.

My anxiety intensified. Not to mention the indian old couple waiting in the room somewhat praying silently. Then came another chinese couple in their 50s. Gosh. They really pushed my limit. They started CHANTING non-stop! Initially, i thought "the noise" was coming from the vending machine, because "the noise" was so faint.. BUT no. I soon realised they were mumbling and praying which i can't make out what they were saying. OMG. I am really freak out. I was totally immersed with fear, that something bad might happen.

Actually i did pray la, inside my heart. I prayed for the surgeon to do an excellent job. Well, your life is in the surgeon's hand and i think it is paramount that the surgeon don't screw up. Finally she came out after 2 hrs. Was relieved. But then, she is still very pale. Doctor told us she lost alot of blood. So she had blood transfusion at 4am.

Didn't sleep much though. Next day went to office as usual. But i don't have mood to work. Went to the hospital again to see her. This time i really pretended to be a doctor. Haha. Upon seeing her, i said "HELLO Sandy, how are you feeling today?" The kind of tone that most doctor would use. But she tao me sia. zzzz..

Hmm... I was already very tired. But seeing her and staying beside her makes me feel at ease. She's well and recovering at home now.

My ordeal didn't stop. I was almost completely shacked out. Thursday and Friday went for night class. Saturday had reservist. Need to wake up very early again. It couldn't be better for me to come down with flu. I knew it coming. I need my sleep too.

Best remedy is to self-medicate, have plenty of water and rest. Plus some music ..

.. and i thought my Yoshi had it's exclusivity at home. Not anymore. Her boyfriend bought her this gigantic Stitch, apparently wider and taller than mine. :(



I HATE Stitch!!!!

Contact Me.

Want my H.p number? Not so easy. You got to give me urs first. Hahaha.

or if you have any private matters (O.o) kindly leave a note and i will FIND u asap.

H.p number or private matters, press here. No Gimmicks. Guaranteed response. Unless you send nonsense. #@&^%

Archive Me.

Buy Me.

Donation

  © Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP